The orange block in each Plot shows the area in which your house must sit, also shown in the block is a 10m square to indicate how a large 10m square house or larger could sit
Selected plots from “The Meadow” will be offered for sale first.
When further plots are offered for sale, earlier buyers will be told before they go on the open market, thereby allowing them, their relatives or friends to buy early:
LOCAL AREA (www.visitcumbria.com for all local information)
Flosh Meadows Self and Custom build serviced plots development in the village of Cleator, West Cumbria is a short 1.3 miles walk to the UNESCO World Heritage site of the Lake District National Park.
The internationally renowned Wainwright Coast to Coast walk passes through the south of the village and along a section of a Roman Road passing the St Leonard’s church with the early 12c chancel which has given a continuous 900 year usage and pre-dates the 1215 King John Magna Carta.
The 1872 St Mary’s Church at the north of the village was designed by E W Pugin, son of the famous architect and designer A W N Pugin, whose works include the Houses of Parliament. It has the renowned replica of the famous Lourdes grotto and is the venue of an annual pilgrimage and procession. Part of our self-build site is immediately adjacent to the church & grotto grounds.
The nearby River Ehen is a SSSI flowing towards the wonderful flora and fauna abundance at Longlands Lake with Clints quarry also a SSSI and of considerable botanical and geological importance owned and managed as a nature reserve by Cumbria Wildlife Trust.
• Exterior walls can be finished in Stone, brick, render or cladding
• Stone: sandstone will be encouraged, with dressed stone for appropriate details such as string courses, window and door reveals and lintels
• Brickwork: should be of a red/brown colouring with a hand-made appearance, a mixed brick usage is preferred
• Render should be a through-colour product with a light textured finish in a light colour
• Roof tiles should be traditional dark slate or composite in type and low profile
• All gutters and rainwater goods are to be of a suitable material including uPVC, aluminium or cast metal
• Alternative materials for all uses are encouraged, especially those with an increased energy conservation
• all materials must be agreed with Copeland Borough Council
• Any deviation from the Design Code should be formally agreed with Copeland Borough Council
• Plot owners are required to inform Copeland Borough Council Planning Department that this design code has been submitted to their Architect/Designer and the application conforms to the code
• Plot owners are to comply with Health and Safety regulation and have public liability insurance
• Plot owners are not to carry out or allow activities that would adversely affect neighbouring properties
• All plant and materials to be kept within the plot and surplus plant and materials frequently removed
• All plot related work to be carried out within the plot
• All vehicles whenever possible to be kept within the plot boundary except during delivery
• No construction excepting boundaries allowed in front of the main building
Front and Front Side Garden Boundary (to the front of the house build line)
• Boundary treatment in front of the front building line to be 1m maximum height
• Open plan is acceptable, however; dwarf walls, live hedge/shrubbery or metal fencing with a single and/or double gates can be used
• Further restrictions may apply to plots where additional road visibility for others is required
• no caravans, mobile homes or similar normally to be parked in front of the main building
Rear and Rear Side Garden Boundary (behind the front of the house build line)
• Must be enclosed with a maintained fencing or live hedge at maximum height of 1.8m from ground level
• Car parking provision will be in accordance with Cumbria County Council requirements at time of build
• Bins, boxes and bags should not normally be visible from the street and preferably be kept in a bin store to the side or rear of the house, wherever possible out of public view
• Each plot is for one single home only
• Merging or subdivision of any plot is not permitted without the written permission from Flosh management
• Within five working days of agreement to purchase a plot a £2,000.00 reservation fee must be paid to Flosh Meadows solicitor
• within three months of agreeing to purchase you will apply for full planning permission to Copeland borough council
• Within ten days of receiving planning permission, you will complete the purchase of the plot
• It is expected by this time you will have instructed a solicitor to proceed with the purchase subject to planning permission being granted
• Start building work within six months of planning permission being granted
• Complete all external build work, including front of house boundary’s and garden area that is in public view within one year of build start