Dear plot purchaser & others
Subject: self & custom build procedure
We are frequently asked “what do we do after we buy a plot for our family home at Flosh Meadows”.
We show below a list of actions you must consider when you are considering custom & self building your own home.
We have used the excellent list from homebuilding.co.uk but other online information & lists are available. https://www.homebuilding.co.uk/advice/self-build-schedule:
Flosh Meadows Self & Custom Build Management Team are always willing to advise on these matters.
• Arrange a mortgage in principle www.homebuilding.co.uk/advice/self-build-mortgage
• Find potential plots….. www.homebuilding.co.uk/advice/finding-a-plot
• Assess development potential
• Plan budget
• Arrange valuation of the plot
• Arrange a site survey
• Purchase site
• Arrange site insurance…. www.homebuilding.co.uk/advice/self-build-insurance
• Choose designer and builders
• Create your design
• Get planning permission….. www.homebuilding.co.uk/advice/planning-permission
• Apply for water and electricity
• Prepare detailed drawings
• Obtain Building Regulations.. www.homebuilding.co.uk/advice/building-regulations approval
• Put contract out to tender
• Select builder/tradesmen
• Arrange warranty and insurances… www.homebuilding.co.uk/news/hbrinsurance
Richard, Betty & Isabel